The building is coming along nicely. We passed the last inspection and are ready to start working on getting it outfitted for our dogs. And just in time! If everything works out, Mya should be having the 1st litter inside around mid-October. Whoo-hoo ... puppies under your Christmas tree???
Our plans include:
- Separate indoor/outdoor pens for the German Shepherds (south side) and the Papillons (north side)
- A large whelping area for the German Shepherds and possibly a smaller 2nd whelping area for the Papillons
- An area for staying with the expectant/nursing moms
- A grooming corner, complete with a tub/shower unit with On-Demand hot water
- A Heating/Cooling system
- A washer and dryer
- A storage area (for all that dog food we need!)
- A small area for me to handle the paperwork required
Of course there are many extras that we would love to have, including a web-cam so everyone can see the puppies! But the extras will just have to wait a while. You can be sure that I will be taking pictures to share with you.
pictured below: 20' x 30' steel frame for building on cement slab with drain